My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Interweave Knits Summer 2006 is here














Wow, the summer 2006 Interweave Knits arrived today.
Great service from the subs department with the magazine in London before due date.
I love the articles on lace knitting, there is a must have book list for lace ( if you have an arm and leg to spare to afford them)
I am always seduced by the preview with fuzzy pictures of the designs , but the hard copy always leaves me cold
I do really like the magazine for its articles , extended sizing(Rowan , pls take note)great knitting instructions , plethora of scarves, shawls ,socks and other kitchy accessories.
The garments close up always leave me feeling a bit hmm. Home crafty might be too strong a phrase.Maybe too many design elements in one garment???I do like the streamlined minimalist knitwear(Albeit my foray into whacky Phildar yarn and design combo)
But still inspired and will continue to use design elements on other projects.
Off to browse and drool over yarns/adverts from across the pond.

Labels: ,