My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Project: Louis Vuitton skirt Patrones 241

Project Details
Pattern: Patrones 241 # 53 skirt pattern
Design Details:Linen with lycra cut on the bias .Full lining with tulle attached .
Fabric Used: Black linen with elastane.Lining was black bemberg cut on the bias.
Tulle was a soft lingerie weight. Used two layers to add oomph.Didnt want any scratchy type fairy / ballerina nylon tulle.The mesh tulle is self embroidered with roses.

Pattern Mods/Commentary.
Centre front and back seams with CB invisible zipper.
Spanish pattern instructions.Terse and terse and terse............... No frills no thrills NADA
Only modification was that I didnt lay my stretch fabric on the bias because it counterbalanced the elasticity.
The skirt draft and sloper measurements are just perfect for my figure type( small waist for hips and hourglass type figure.)
Sepia effect on above pic just because I liked it.
Hem detail.Sorry I have had to mess up the pictures to enable any details to show up.
Embroidered tulle
I have worn the skirt quite a bit since making it.I may make a winter version in wool with printed tricot mesh knit instead of tulle.

Patrones are great for high fashion kicky designs.I am not so swayed by the designer names as much as the design elements as seen in RTW garments .
Their skirt sloper is a better draft than BWOF for me , and I have since made a few other skirts.If only Blogger will let me upload more pictures per post

The instructions leave a lot to be desired ,with no garment measurements , no notion lists
You will need Bletchley type decoding skills to work out where linings and interfacings are required.OR just ditch the whole instructions malarky and freewheel away.
I was able to treanslate most with little external help( latin/italian lessons were not a waste Dad).
The drafting may have errors( allegedly) so onw would ideally walk the pattern pieces.Ask me how I know,of course by making a wadder we are not even going to talk about.

Labels: