My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Knitting Bag progress and more fabby mail

With some time off this week I was able to catch the postman early this morning.
Patrones # 247 September 2006 arrived.Thank you very much Marita ( also responsible for most of Patrones treasure trove)
Some stunning clothes feature in this issue , especially the jackets which are loaded with designer details .If you happen to be a chaff there are loads of designer names to feast on.
Still unable to make a full review of Patrones,I know that the skirts work for me , but the jackets yet untested except one jacket muslin.
Wearable muslins dont feature in my vocabulary.What is required to to trace a basic Patrones jacket pattern comparable to one from Burda WOF, overlay on top of my personalised BWOF sloper and make a few disposible muslins.
When???? sooooooooooooon.


Less than a week on , I have made some progress with the Debbie Abrahams bag.Intarsia and beaded section done , the back with two colour garter stripe in progress.
The bag is knitted in one piece, the sides will picked and knitted.Just a trazillion ends to finish and, handles in moss stitch and the lining to sew.

Ene scarf still whining , waiting to be blocked.

Labels: