My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fiberly Updates

The new year is well underway , and so far so good.
All the necessary seasonal greetings and wellwishes done off blog and life has settled quite nicely.

No resolutions to share ,nothing grand , clever or self serving .

Knitting
I havent felt like knitting at all , and that is just fine.
The Xmas sale in Liberty & John Lewis must be a first for me.
No yarn purchase, just two discounted books.The offering wasnt special , with chunky rowan yarns, Trinity and Merino Aran and Chunky from Jaeger.Debbie Bliss Cathay and Cotton Cashmere just didn't cut it for me.
Not to mention the bags full of yarn waiting patiently?
With three knitting UFOs to battle with , me thinks they have to be priority.

GGH Rebecca #33 is out and a copy winging its way from Germany.
Two new yarns to boot , silk and a cashmere feeling cotton blend.


Phildar News
SOLDES REDUCTION
January sale underway with selection of cotton yarns as well as older knitting catalogues on offer.

Six new spring summer yarns and for Phildar more natural fibre yarns.Cotton , Bambou, Lyocell.
Phil Bambou, Phil Thalassa and Detente I am quite keen to try out.
Way to go Phildar......................

Up to my eyes in Patrones and Burda WOF, scads of them with stickies for shortlisted designs and not much progress.
Jacket and three skirts done........................ and navy blue coat ready to sew.

Welcome to my 2007

Labels: