My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sewing not Knittin Wins

It is quite strange to keep on online journal about knitting.Yes I do love to knit and crochet and maybe even cross stitch, but sewing is where my heart is.

In the last couple of{ really difficult} years , knitting has been a safety net.A great outlet to create with my hands , absorbing enough to blot the pain and dull the despair .Difficult enough( translating French , German and Dutch patterns)and learning new techniques , yarn types etc.

I will have a better chance to keeping a journal going longish term if I combine my musings all in the same place.I will try and link all the sewing sites and resources and get the projects ruminating in my head down in print .

Some vintage images that somewhat define an aspect of sewing and dressmaking that really get s me enthralled



Yes , Issey Miyake and then some more.Watch this space

Labels: