My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sewing in the Storm


Thunderstorm evening , at least temps are dropping.
Sewing continues chez moi
The DKNY skirt is done.
Love it , the skirt equivalent of low rise trousers.
The jacket is too formal for what I need( too similar to my proper work summer suit)
So decided on the Burda jacket modified to use as a shirt. Some tweaking needed, I think the FBA curve might be a smidge too much.Will lose the lower band , replace with topstiched hem and denim type poppas for closure.
Cut and half sewn.
Need to cut out a few more bits, too much inspirational stuff flying out from cyber sewing sites.
Great news is that some of the togs are from Burda WOF , so a mini marathon sewing weekend whilst I wait for the sensational August 2006 issue.

Labels: