My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Frenzied Summer Sewing Part1

I have been squirelling away at various projects.
I dont sew with a SWAP (SWAP sewing with a plan.Coined from original article in Australian stitches.The concept is to create a wardrobe of co-ordinating , extending range of garment pieces in colurs and styles that blend and work together as a capsule)in mind , but because of the way I buy or rather stash fabrics, they tend to be in the colours that I wear.
Any unusual colours would only be bought if there are co=ordinates to go with them , or if the zebra will highlight or complement stash.( Make any sense????)

Above DKNY pattern have cut the skirt in a stunning quality ecru italian linen , there is 1.7 metres left to make a jacket , maybe from Burda.The matching jacket pattern is nice but I am not in the mood for precision sewing.Part of the beauty is the yards of topstitching to do.
Actually I lie....................... despite having too many spools of thread I have tried to get a perfect match for possible topstitching with no joy.One of my few resolutions was to use only what I have indoors

I am trying out some Patrones designs , including the above skirt by Morgan.The original is done in silk satin , but I am not confident about the outcome to risk any of my silks.
I am using some cotton/linen/poly lycra blend.

The pattern pieces are a bit different to Burda WOF, but will comments until the end of projects.
A few easy Rayon/lycra and cotton/lycra prints are in various stages of being transformed into tops/tee shirts.

Labels: