My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Burda WOF Crochet Bag Project( Fauxgamo Bag)

I spied a bag when the Burda WOF /2006 went up and quickly put the crochet bag on my to do list
Original post

Then Marita K , fashiondivista (Fashionista/Diva) extraordinaire unearthed the above picture.Bag in the picture above is by Salvatore Ferragamo from a previous season.I have searched online for other images but lucked out , but that is no biggie as the Burda WOF bag has all the elements to make a homage version painlessly.
Got some el cheapo acrylic and viscose blend yarn and set to swatch .Knitting I am confident with my skills by with Crochet I am still a "baby hooker" so to speak.A little while later I had the bag main piece and the band done.Since my yarn was not doubled the width came out narrower but was able to compensate for length.This sample will be smaller
I will complete the bag and use as a prototype.Got some lining , metal findings , even electrical cable for straps, need some D rings and a quiet spell to decode the sewing portion of instructions Project Details
Designer Lined Crochet Bag
Pattern: Burda WOF August 2006 #138
Designer Homage:Salvatore Ferragamo Crochet bag circa 2004/2005
Original yarn: Junghans Harmonie
Notes: On completion