My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Working on Burda WOF Navy Coat

I have been working on a Burda WOF coat.Aged as opposed to vintage from 1996 October issue
A winter break( like sub zero temps) looming means I needed to get my skates on.
Although it is a roomy coat , I still need length in the front from shoulder to waist.
FBA done and dart rotated to the armhole.
This a great fix when sewing bulky fabrics as the transferred dart is always smaller than original horizontal dart.

I am almost done , with only the bottom of lining to sew as well as buttonholes.So I hope to upload pictures during the week as soon able to do so.
I wont be having great in progress notes or pictures, but if you visit Tany at Couture et Tricot , she is currently working on a stunning Orwell/Burda WOF coat with excellent pictures and notes.To boot her blog is bilingual, Way cool.

Labels: