My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sewing for Pleasure 2007


Sewing for Pleasure Exhibition
The National Show for all Textile Crafts
29th March - 1st April 2007
Birmingham NEC , Hall 12
Show Details
The best of the UK Sewing /Craft Expos for dressmakers.
I will zipping up to Birmingham on Saturday with a quick detour to Giesse Scampoli
**************************************************

Work In Progress.
I have been working on my third winter coat of the season.
It is great to get them done( well into Spring but who cares)
The pattern is Burda WOF September 2005 # 101 amended

The coat is actually completed, lined and just waiting for closures.
The original coat was done in two versions, aboucle tweed with snap closures and the camel coat above with functional buttonholes and buttons.


Popular opinion may indicate bound buttonholes or nothing for coats ( Not my personal view, as I dont do dogma)
I have sent samples of fabric scraps to two local , very experienced sewing friends to test and make bound buttonholes , machine and hand worked ones.
Okay , bad results ........................................... If Joan cant get great bound buttonholes, then they wont work for me.She had even offered to do them freebie style for me.
I am going to let the coat stew for a week whilst I get on with other pesky sewing
Burda tweed jacket coming up pronto.

Labels: , ,