My Sewing and KnittAntics

Frenzied Sewing and Hand Knitting Antics jazzed along by Machine Knitting.

Monday, June 26, 2006

New Fall Vogue Patterns

I am a Vogue Sewing patternaholic .Lately their pickings havent been too great( fewer great designs, slower off the mark to translate the catwalk trends)( Remember the heady days when you could reproduce the same season's collection within weeks/months, great designer selection and even longer pattern wish lists)
But suprise me , this new season collection have a few designs that I really dig.

This is the one jacket that I will ( would like to)be making this winter.
I love the unusual , clever construction details , kicky design details.Beacuase after a few dozen suits , lapels , welts , and sleeve easing can so become boring, I love not knowing quite what the final product will be.
I have a few things I am working on in the background , but nothing I am ready to share online.I will try and link a few more of the new patterns as blog fodder over the next week or so.

Knitting Update
Shameful me, I have summer knits done , waiting to mattress stitch the sides or sew on the ruffles or in the case of Vittadini SSummer 2005 cover lace cardi , just to cast on the last 280 x two stitches which triplicates .Yikes
I never got round to looking at the Vittadini 2006 book , took forever to come online , by which time I just wasn't interested.
Need to cast on for a small cotton blend shell ,..................................

Labels: ,